Pages

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Frog Frenzy!

There was so much excitement in grade two today. Both Jasmita and I brought frogs to school.

 I found a tree frog in my shower today, fortunately my husband was around to catch it for me! It really was a beautiful specimen. Everyone was clambering to catch a good look at him, I don't think the poor creature knew what had hit him! 

Jasmita said that she found a huge frog in her bathroom last night while she was brushing her teeth. She asked her dad to catch it for her. However, when she woke up he had let it go!! Jasmita insisted that he catch another...fortunately he was able to do so!


It was great having the two different frogs to compare, we could clearly see the differences between them. We spent quite a bit of time talking about frogs and were able to look through a beautiful book we had in our school library.

Kyle from Mrs. Rayners class started the trend on Monday when he brought a frog to show us as well.

It is so wonderful to see the enthusiasm that comes from these spontaneous learning situations!

I wonder if any more frogs will arrive at school tomorrow! Our tadpoles are changing and one looks like it is about to become a frog...time to set him free!


No comments:

Post a Comment