Pages

Friday 15 September 2017

Story acting

Image result for giraffe who couldnt danceFor a change today I got my class to make up a story and instead of writing it out, in groups, they acted it out. 

Inspired by this story of a giraffe, who despite being told that he was no good at dancing, found his own tune, and, discovered that he actually was an excellent dancer!

We listened to the story and discussed its meaning. I then set my class the task of making up a story about an animal that overcomes trials and tribulations and is successful. For a first time, they really did outstanding presentations.

First..plan the story and designate the parts and characters.




Next we went outside to practice....




Lastly, present your stories to the class.

This group presented  a story called
The rhino that couldn't charge. A completely original
idea.

I loved the rhino horns they made from paper!










I will definitely do something like this again, my class really enjoyed it and did a wonderful job.

No comments:

Post a Comment